Wednesday, 26 May 2010

China Memory 2 江南



It is not that easy as I thought to do this China Memory Series. Emotions are rushing up and down , and it is so hard to put all my feelings into words.
I dreamt of 江南, the southern China, when I was young living in the Northen China. I had been always imagining what "鱼米之乡(the land of fish and rice)" looks like, and how about 平湖秋月 (autumn moon on lake)? It is a pity that I had never been living in Southern China, so, it is still my dream land. Thanks Yoli, your music is the inspiration for this post .

I love this picture of Iza, and the patten of fabric and the design of the blouse is very chinese, ......so beautiful!!! Yes, I do love contemporary chinese design with a trace of accent of the tradional style. Anyway, she looks exactly and perfectly like the girl in my little chinese movie 江南(South of River) , which was showing on in my little head long time ago:)
The first three pictures are credit to my chinese blog friend 寂寞在唱歌。Many thanks!!!


9 comments:

Yoli said...

You are welcomed. China will never leave me.I carry it with me through my children and in my heart. I came home but part of my heart remains there with its people.

Fei An said...

Thanks Yoli, especially to your unconditional love to our chinese girls...By the way, I read books of Dalai Lama as well, seriously love him and his wisdom...Thanks for your inspiration...I always remeber you are the first one to leave me a commnent to my blogspot comment, I really appreciate it. By the way, the parcel will be dispatched on Friday:)

Yanyan said...

Hope to see you there one day, I will be your host

Kenza said...

Oh Fei An! such a beautiful and moving post. I love this series of yours. Your words also are so so beautiful! Many kisses.

alliot + iza said...

These pictures of 江南 are breathe taking!!
I love your series on China Memory so much ... and so glad to see iza appearing in this series :)

Karumen said...

the photos and your words go together so well! i went to guilin & yangshuo 2 years ago, very very lovely places + people. definitely want to revisit!

Di said...

The pictures are beautiful! I hope that you are not too homesick whilst posting these beautiful pictures. It's funny how a place you've never lived can seem like the perfect place....I am trying to think where my perfect place would be.....

Di said...

Hello!

Yes, the pre-felt comes from my friend Peter and Laura's shop Twist Fibre Craft. They have a website - http://www.twistfibrecraft.co.uk and will ship at reasonable costs but if you can wait a week or 2 I am going to the shop so can get some for you to try out.

Let me know if you want me to get you some.....

Di

alliot + iza said...

Dear Fei An,
how are you? Feeling better?
iza is feeling much much better now.
Take a good care!!
Miss you :)